Contest stages (participation in all stages specified below is mandatory)
1. Screening stage: 4.6-15.7.2017
Applications, presentations and executive summaries will be assessed by our special screening committee headed by EY Israel, IBM, ESOP, Pitango, Poalim Hi-Tech and Amnon Gur. The committee will select 21 companies which will move on to the semi-final stage. Their selections will be based on the following criteria:
► Genuine innovation
► Added value
► Wide market potential
► Focus and clarity
► Entrepreneur teams
► Actual solution for the “smart world” strategy
2. End of application process: 15.7.2017
Preparation for the semi-finals:
As part of the preparation for the semi-final stage, companies will enjoy professional assistance and guidance.
Companies representatives will take part in two presentation skills workshops designed and conducted by Barry Katz Ltd. to help them create and present the perfect PITCH. Companies participation is mandatory in both sessions. In addition, they will take part in "one on one" mentoring sessions with leading VCs principals. They will also benefit from important startup tips.
3. 1st professional workshop for the perfect PITCH: 25.7.2017
4. Professional guidance meetings with VC Mentors: 25.7- 4.9.2017 (minimum of two meetings is required)
5. 2nd professional workshop for the perfect PITCH and general rehearsal: 5.9.2017
6. Semi-final stage: 13.9.2017
Companies will present their pitch to a panel of judges comprised of leaders from the high-tech and venture capital industries in Israel, local & global investors and many others. After each presentation, they will rate each of the semifinalists by using a unique application developed especially for the contest.
Companies will receive professional feedback on various matters and will have an opportunity to ask questions and form business relationships.
Preparation for the finals:
7. One-on-one professional guidance meetings for the 8 finalists : 15-17.10.17
8. Opening bell ceremony at Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange for the 8 finalists: 18.10.17
9. Final rehearsal and JOURNEY cocktail: 24.10.17
10. The finals: 25.10.17
The final stage will take place at the JOURNEY conference on October 25 2017, at the Hilton Tel-Aviv Hotel. To the JOURNEY 2017 website click here.
Each company will present their pitch to the audience via advanced audio and video technologies. After each presentation, four renowned judges sitting on stage and the audience will rate each of the finalists by using the same unique application developed especially for the contest. In the end all votes will be counted and the winner, with the highest number of votes, will be announced.
Take a look at what THE PITCH is all about: